SPOD 1.4 “Izar” is now here!
Proud and happy to announce the new version of the Social Platform for Open Data (SPOD) version 1.4. Our SPOD allows easy discussions and social interactions around Open Data.
A new collaborative space to guide user to constructive discussions within a small, private (by invitation) group. It includes tools specifically designed for small groups such as cocreating a template document for each of the three phases explore, ideas, outcome and annotation via post-it of the datalets to be discussed (with synchronous notification for real-time discussions).
The following issues highlighted from Wise and Munro, Utrech and Prato, have been resolved:
- Create a room with empty field: It is possible to create a room leaving the “members” field empty to fill in later (sugg. From Wise and Munro, Utrech teams)
- Google docs:
- A new light User Interface without “log in” button and not chat enclosed available; the “enlarge” button in the upper left to enlarge the document. (sugg. From Wise and Munro team)
- Revision history for a shared document: it is possible to see the changes made to the shared document, only if the user is already logged into his/her Google account (sugg. From Wise and Munro team)
- Resolved screens duplicate in smaller versions within SPOD (sugg. from Utrecht team)
- Browser compatibility: Co-creation works in these browsers: Chrome.
- Known NOT to work on Firefox, Edge, Safari on Windows and IOS (popus appear repeatedly in the foreground in the SPOD platform)
- Notification server can send update coming from rooms that doesn’t belong to you
- New version of “Co-creation” room is available only in English and Italian
- Save data of Agora discussion: in the administration panel, for research purpose the administrator can see and save what happens in the room after a discussion (see attached screenshots)
- A new User Interface with the expert section (see the STEP 2) and STEP 3) )
- Personalize the charts with several themes (Base, DarkUnika, SandSignika, GridLight and SPOD)
- What’s new: a new User Interface
Some screenshots of the main features in “Izar” (v.1.4) follow: