SPOD 1.7 “Lesath” is now here!
Proud and happy to announce the new version 1.7 of the Social Platform for Open Data (SPOD). Our SPOD allows easy discussions, effective co-creation and smooth social interactions around Open Data.
Among the relevant features of “Lesath”:
- Controllet: User Interface cleanup
(Warsaw meeting, 2st decision of G.A, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #223)
(Groningen Feedback, February 18 2016) (Taiga #223)
- Roles: now in SPOD it is possible to choose a role for a user. Currently, it is possible to choose the moderator role, that in Agora allows the creation of new rooms, only the moderators can create (configurable)
(Prato Feedback, June 30th 2016) (Taiga #264)
- SPOD Welcome Page and “What’s new” page : a new user interface
- Log In: log into your account from the same page
- Sign up (Registration in SPOD)
- Possible to have users enrolling by themselves checking only the email address (requires the configuration of a file)
(Prato Feedback from Warsaw meeting, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #307)
- Open Wall replaced with new User Interface of the Welcome page
(Groningen Feedback, April 2016) (Taiga #170)
- “What’s new” page: custom and configurable widgets (Tweets, Agora Activities, SPOD Help RSS feeds, Static content, etc.…)
(Dublin Feedback, April 29th 2016) (Taiga #146 , # 194, #195, #196, #207, #211, #212)
(Issy Feedback, July 07 2016) (Taiga #284)
(Groningen, Prato Feedback on the forum of Intranet “Usability #2: changing the landing page (Openwall) and What’s new”, May 30th 2016 (Taiga # 304))
- Improved stability and usability;
- Improvement of the visualization of the Comments graph
- Improved the synchronization between the graph and the comments, when many comments are introduced
(Warsaw meeting, 3st decision of G.A, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #306)
(Prato Feedback, June 30th 2016) (Taiga #266)
- Cocreation data room: new features:
“co-creation data room”: co-creation data room is a collaborative, real-time spreadsheet; It combines the ease of authoring and multi-user editing of spreadsheet enriched with export/import csv files.
It allows citizens to collaborate on a spreadsheets over SPOD platform in realtime to create dataset with useful criteria for data validation, and to publish a dataset to share for further discussion in social collaboration tools in SPOD (e.g., in What’s New, Agora ).
- Input from a Map from within the spreadsheet
- Interactive map
- Map locations
- Notification in discussion
- In discussion room, a new message is notified with an icon with the counter of number of received and not read messages.
(Warsaw meeting, 1st decision of G.A, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #248)
Minor features and improvements
- Co-creation data:
- approximate/ rounding coordinates only point on map
- Import csv file the values showed in one column
- Delete a data room
(Prato Feedback, July 04 2016) (Taiga #256, #261 #253)
- Delete a card
(Prato Feedback, June 08 2016) (Taiga #271)
- Controllet: the step 1) shows metadata for each dataset of an open data portal
(Groningen Feedback, February 04 2016) (Taiga #227)
- Search of a room by name or description
- Only administrator or moderator can create a room
- Weird date of rooms in Agora
(Issy Feedback, July 07 2016) (Taiga #293)
- French Translation
(Issy Feedback, July 07 2016) (Taiga #290, #234)
SPOD 1.7 requires:
- to clear the browser’cache , more details are available at http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache.
- Delete each datalet created with previous versions in the “My space”.
Some screenshots of the main features in “Lesath” (v.1.7) follow: